The Porsche 924 Owners Club

Dedicated to the Porsche 924
Forty Years of the Porsche 924 Turbo
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The seller assumes all responsibility for the content of any advert. The Porsche 924 Owners Club Ltd does not endorsed any advert placed on it's forum or website, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy.

Post subject: Newly rebuilt S2 Turbo short block -£700
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:16 pm 
Club Member

Model: Supercharged 924
Hi all.

I need to reduce some of my parts collection! I paid more than the sale price to have this short block built by a reputable engine builder for use in my car, but I've never needed it! It is a standard Series 2 setup with original pistons in excellent condition, the crank was checked and needed only a light polish to be used with the standard new bearings. Similarly new big end con rod bearings were fitted. It has a NA sump fitted as it was for my supercharger car but I have a Turbo sump I'll include. The new piston rings are std size Mahl rings supplied in original Porsche boxes (I'll dig them out to include them with it) and were believed to be the last available set of rings in the UK. If you like originality or need OEM parts for qualification in a particular race series etc, then this short block (no cylinder head included) might be ideal!

Any questions, please ask.

£700 ovno

Cheers, John.

924T engine with Eaton M90 Supercharger (DB7), 565cc injectors, coil pack ignition, Adaptronic ECU, Custom Air/water charge cooler, Wideband O2 + 4x EGT. 4pot Brembos, Spax adjustable dampers. 951 G'box with LSD & cooler, 944T style bumper. HID Lo-Pro headlights. 968 mirrors, handles + spoiler. Zender rear valance. Custom side skirts, Forged 17" wheels (8J front, 9J rear). Custom hubs (5x114.3 PCD), Twin circuit coolant re-route (2 pumps, 2 'stats, 2 radiators), 6 gauge centre console.

Post subject: Re: Newly rebuilt S2 Turbo short block -£700
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 pm 
Club Member

Model: 924 Turbo S1
Wow, thought someone would jump all over this. Bargain at that price. Good luck with the sale mate. :beer:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 pm 
Club Member

Thanks mate. It seems a lot in some ways when you can buy a whole 924 for the same money, but as some of us know engine work gets expensive fast!! At some point it will tick someone's boxes, just hopefully before I break my toe falling over it in the garage!! It's too nice / expensive / vulnerable to keep anywhere other than the dry garage! - there was another place but wife excluded the lounge as the preferred option!! :lol:

924T engine with Eaton M90 Supercharger (DB7), 565cc injectors, coil pack ignition, Adaptronic ECU, Custom Air/water charge cooler, Wideband O2 + 4x EGT. 4pot Brembos, Spax adjustable dampers. 951 G'box with LSD & cooler, 944T style bumper. HID Lo-Pro headlights. 968 mirrors, handles + spoiler. Zender rear valance. Custom side skirts, Forged 17" wheels (8J front, 9J rear). Custom hubs (5x114.3 PCD), Twin circuit coolant re-route (2 pumps, 2 'stats, 2 radiators), 6 gauge centre console.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:04 am 
Club Member

Model: 924 turbo
Are the bores measured, how much left? I assume it was rehoned at the shop?

I recently found out i need a new bottom end... Maybe not possible to ship either..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 am 
Club Member

Hi Cedric. Can't remember what they measured but were within tolerance so just re-honed and the stock pistons were cleaned and re-used and standard size new Porsche/Mahl rings. At the time Wes was looking at turbo ring failure and discovered 2 different types - 1 brittle and 1 not. I was relieved to find the robust OEM set and avoid brittle aftermarket ones (for clarity the aftermarket Total Seal rings seem to be ok though. :hope: )

No idea what the shipping would be but I could put it on a mini pallet if needed!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:02 pm 
Club Member

Model: 924 turbo, CGT,
Hi John,
I'll have it please, give me a call on 07725 982757 any time, hope you're well, be great to have a catch up, we'll have to have a bit to eat if you can spare the time, I'll bring Jo, she would love to see you.
Cheers
Nick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:36 pm 
Club Member

Hi Nick.

No worries mate, it yours! Be great to see you both! I'll text you tomorrow and we can sort out a meeting soon.

:beer: