Dedicated to the Porsche 924
The Porsche 924 Owners Club
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Queen Square Car Club on Weston Beach Lawns 10th May
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:45 pm 
Club Member

Model: Mx5 / All 924
I'm from the NW originally and used to go to New Brighton almost every Sunday as a child when the weather was nice so saw this a few times, used to have great motorbike racing weekends there too and also loved the Wirral show on the grass, a nice mix of classic cars, bikes, buses, fire engines etc and new car models on display. Wasn't interested in the fairground, was happier going around them lugging bags of free stuff lol

Current toy: 1990 Supercharged Mx5
Past toy: 1983 924 Lux

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:12 pm 
Club Member

Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
dd924 wrote:
We (on the Wirral) are lucky that New Brighton Prom despite its length isn't part of the national road network so it enables it to be used for rallies.

Same as Weston prom. It is private road and owned by the people of Weston. This doesn’t stop Weston Town Council trying to charge people to parK on the road or beach. Which you don’t have to Pay and if you get a Blue parking ticket its totally unenforceable. Just saying if you ever decide to visit and park there.

Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
1980 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake manifold, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, Adj boost - dyno’d at 239.5 rwhp @ 1.05bar, Zeitronix ZT2 & Phormula KS4 knock sensor, 944 turbo all alloy radiator, Hayward & Scott custom tapered race exhaust, GAZ Gold coilovers, Fuch'ed up, Quaife LSD
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:15 pm 
Club Member

John90mx5 wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:
John90mx5 wrote:
For anyone who hasn't been to WsM, you can think of it as the Boneviile of the South West, but with too much mud so used the prom instead :lol:

Nice period video with some serious cars, that I think a lot here will enjoy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ile6Qrf-m ... =youtu.be#

Great vid

Are you from this area originally Steve, ever go as a child to watch?

Been here 34yrs. So remember the last few years of Weston Speed Trials. Always amazed me people were able to get down that road so fast. Seen many a road car written off trying to go quick and spinning out. In fact I‘ve lost the rear end of the car a few times and span in my boy racer years. Would be great to get it back but Weston Town Council will charge far too much money to an organiser. Hence why we have so few events here now. Been priced out of coming to WsM

Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake manifold, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, Adj boost - dyno’d at 239.5 rwhp @ 1.05bar, Zeitronix ZT2 & Phormula KS4 knock sensor, 944 turbo all alloy radiator, Hayward & Scott custom tapered race exhaust, GAZ Gold coilovers, Fuch'ed up, Quaife LSD
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:24 pm 
Club Member

Didn't realise the parking was unenforceable, we can use my wife's works car park so never need to pay but every day is a school day.

I know there have been a few car club timed races in Weston since I've been here, as recent as a few years ago at least, think are car crashed into a tree on the coast road towards Worle?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:27 pm 
Club Member

Another artical I came across

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arch ... eed-trials

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:44 pm 
Club Member

John90mx5 wrote:
Didn't realise the parking was unenforceable, we can use my wife's works car park so never need to pay but every day is a school day.

I know there have been a few car club timed races in Weston since I've been here, as recent as a few years ago at least, think are car crashed into a tree on the coast road towards Worle?

Another section of road that used to be private was the toll road. Not sure it’s been adopted still but probably has. Been a few rally stages on the toll road over the years........official.......and no official. Used as a race track for many an boy racer.

2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:50 am 
Club Member

Yes the old toll road was where I was referring too